IT Workplace Engineer
Nordeus is expanding its team.
We are looking for a smart, experienced and highly motivated IT Workplace Engineer with a passion for technology to join our IT Ops team.
We offer a challenging working environment and opportunity to be the first one to try the world’s latest cutting edge technologies while introducing them to our workplace and making it comfortable and engaging to our employees.
You will be accountable for creating top-notch Nordeus workplace infrastructure and impeccable IT experience for Nordeus employees. As such, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders and leverage latest IT trends to innovate and evolve internal workplace technology, so that it is effective and efficient for our employees
- Make sure that our employees have a flawless experience in using workplace technology and that they are empowered to work with it with minimal or no need for assistance
- Provision and monitor hardware and software systems, network and related infrastructure (video conferencing, printers, info screens, etc…) as well as research to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration procedures
- Create processes to reduce downtime and increase reliability of systems using automated technology as well as plan and implement backup, restore procedures and disaster recovery scenario
- Set, implement and maintain security policies in BYOD environment
- Plan and manage hardware and software lifecycle (acquisition, distribution, asset management,...) and effectively communicate with hardware and software providers to ensure effective support in the post go-live environment
- At least bachelor degree in IT, Engineering or Computer Science or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience in System Administration or similar positions (being on a leadership role is a plus)
- Expertise with installation and troubleshooting of the server and client operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS) as well as experience with Microsoft Active Directory
- Working knowledge of networking and security protocols and hands on experience in configuring network equipment (routers, firewalls, switches, wireless devices, etc.)
- Experience or knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMware
- Experience in using various storage platforms such as SAN, NAS and DAS
- Experience in some of the monitoring technologies for networks and applications such as Zabbix, Icinga, Nagios,...
- Proactively showing interest in the latest technology trends and always being on top of it
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities
- Linux knowledge and familiarity with batch processing, scripting and ad hoc queries
- Experience in administering Atlassian software, G Suite (Google Apps) and Office 365
- Experience in video conferencing technologies
- Leadership/project management experience
If this sounds like your new job, send us your current CV and a cover letter telling us how and why you want to help us be excellent. We look forward to hearing from you!