Lead Interaction Designer
As a Lead Interaction Designer in Nordeus, you will be responsible for the quality bar related to Interaction Design across the studio.
This includes providing craft leadership to our Game Designers, Interaction Designers, UI artists and Engineers, with whom you will partner to ensure that we deliver great, intuitive and cohesive end-to-end Interaction Design to our players. You bring a wide toolbox of UX and design techniques and methods. You are quick to articulate, explore, sketch, visualize and prototype end-to-end user flows focussing on a systematic approach that encompasses gesture design and interaction grammars at any stage of a user’s journey.
- Working proactively with nominal supervision to add value to our players’ experiences and advance our Game Designs through the effective use of interaction design and science
- Cultivating a ‘show, don’t tell’ design culture that promotes teamwork, the sharing of ideas and techniques, as well as the growth of the Design craft and overall game production value
- Applying excellent Interaction Design fundamentals (such as problem definition, usability principles, research, ideation, sketching and prototyping) to deliver a strong set of visualized and cohesive Interaction Design ‘grammars’ appropriate to the release platforms and product roadmap.
- Proactively participate in daily concept pitch and critique sessions by visually communicating design concepts clearly and concisely. You remain open to and respond gracefully to feedback in such a manner that open dialogue is encouraged;
- Partner with producers to ensure presented designs are visually appropriate to the needs of the project and consistent with the time and resources available
- Staying abreast of emerging research from the fields of HCI, Ergonomics, Interaction Design and User Research; you understand and apply learnings to the studio’s design processes and products
- Helping grow, mentor and provide career guidance to junior UX and game design staff across the organization
- Representing Nordeus in the Interaction Design community groups and ensure our needs are well represented and that we maintain an appropriate presence.
- A proven track record with experience building and shipping world class interaction design work in entertainment products, games and/or mobile; You’ve operated at a senior level as Senior or Lead Designer in a studio environment
- Design Craft: You have an excellent working knowledge of design techniques, interaction design (user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models), user research methods, information architecture, and game design.
- You bring excellent problems solving and ideation skills along with a strong working knowledge of modern interaction design and development strategies.
- Great visualization abilities: You must be able to effectively visualize, sketch and prototype your ideas quickly, with and without a computer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable communicating difficult messages, creative concepts, feedback, requirements, etc. in a clear and concise manner.
- You proactively facilitate user centred conversations across the organization.
- Excellent understanding of user research methodologies, principles and implications, while remaining aware of academic research work in UX, ergonomics and HCI.
- An organised approach that enables you to multitask well and remain self-sufficient. You are self-driven in varying and ambiguous situations, you efficiently manage multiple areas of production, and work under constant deadline constraints while always paying attention to detail.
- A collaborative mindset that views iteration, transparency and professionalism as the cornerstones of a creative culture.
- Strong interpersonal, critique, negotiation, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
If you firmly believe that collaboration, iteration, transparency and professionalism are fundamental to great teams, this is an exceptional opportunity for you to join us and drive the design efforts on our existing and new products. Send us your CV and design portfolio. We’re looking forward to meeting you!